Want to learn the Arduino Platform?
Check out the video below to see what you will learn in this course! Build 15+ complete Arduino projects from scratch! A car controlled using an app, a cell phone, games and much much more!
Want to learn Arduino but don't know where to start?
- Are you tired of searching the Internet for hours and hours for Arduino tutorials?
- Want to learn Arduino by starting with the basics and progressing to advanced topics?
- Do you want to understand electronics and programming concepts behind projects and why they work?
- Tired of getting tutorials that are out of date?
- Do you want access to an experienced instructor you can ask questions and help you?
- Are you confused with all the information out there and how to start learning this topic?
How is this course going to help me learn Arduino?
- Start with the basics
- Build simple projects and move on to intermediate and advanced projects
- Step-by-Step instructions and high quality video
- All the electronics principles are explained
- Step by Step wiring videos
- Detailed Line by Line code reviews
- Understand how the hardware and the software play together
- Gain the confidence to build your own electronics projects
- Learn coding and electronics
- Access to the instructor to ask questions if you are stuck. Get Help when you need it
No previous programming or electronics knowledge required.
All principles explained from scratch!
All electronics principles are explained!
Step by step wiring instructions for all circuits with high quality videos.
Line-By-Line Code Reviews for all projects
Understand how the software and electronics work together! The best way to learn!
Want to learn Arduino by Building Complete Working Projects from Scratch?
Build 15+ Projects all from scratch. Learn Arduino by building projects. Learn all the electronics principles and coding!
No previous programming or electronics knowledge required!
Learn Arduino electronics and programming online with complete hands-on and self-paced tutorials with high quality videos and step-by-step instructions.
- Controlling an LED with a Push Button Switch
- Controlling a Piezo Buzzer with a Push Button Switch
- Using a Potentiometer to adjust LED brightness
- Controlling a CPU fan with user input
- Controlling a CPU fan with a button
- LED Reaction Game
- Buzzer Sound Recall Game
- Ultrasonic Sensor Alarm
- Digital Dice
- Infrared Repeater
- Joystick Matrix LED Game
- Digital Stopwatch
- Pan-Tilt Assembly Control
- Online Weather Station
- Remote Controlled Car (controlled via a smart phone app)
- Open Source Phone
This is a hands-on, projects-based approach to learning the Arduino platform catered to all levels of experience. In this course, you will build projects such as:
- An Arduino car that can be remotely driven using a smart phone app
- Your very own Arduino phone that you can make/receive phone calls with and send/receive text messages
- Your own Universal Arduino Remote that can copy and playback IR signals from any electronic device
- An Arduino Online Weather Station that connects to the internet to retrieve and display weather information based on your location
- Arduino game projects using light, sound and joysticks
- Much much more...
No previous programming or electronics knowledge is required for this course! All electronics concepts and programming for each project will be explained step-by-step in detail.
You will quickly learn and become proficient with Arduino in this bootcamp by building complete projects from scratch. Here is the approach that is taken for each project:
- A detailed background of all the electronics principles and operation of the electrical components for each project will first be discussed
- The wiring of components and layout of the project will then be covered in the circuit diagram
- Detailed step-by-step videos will then show how you how to wire up and assemble the components for the project
- The code will be uploaded to demo the project and how it works
- A detailed line-by-line code review will then describe how the software and hardware components play together
- You will get the complete picture and it is a much better way to learn Arduino by creating full working projects from scratch!
Along the way, you will learn about and become extremely proficient with the following components and understand exactly how they work as they will be incorporated in projects:
- Active and Passive Buzzers
- Ultrasonic Sensors
- Seven Segment LEDs (single and four digit)
- Infrared Receivers
- 8x8 Matrix LEDs
- Shift Registers
- DC Motors
- LCD Screens
- Bluetooth Modules
- Wifi and GSM Shields
- And much much more...
The course is broken up into a Simple Projects section, an Intermediate Projects section and an Advanced Projects section allowing you to progress to or start from any level based on how comfortable you are with Arduino.
If you are new to Arduino, the first lessons will get you quickly up to speed on what the platform is and how to use it. You can then progress to simple projects which get you comfortable with basic electrical components.
For those already familiar with Arduino who want to take their skills to the next level, you can jump straight to the intermediate projects section. There, we will focus on making game-type projects using the Arduino and even an infrared repeater that can allow you to copy, store, and playback any IR signal, just like your own universal remote.
Next, for those that might be already comfortable with Arduino, there is an advanced projects section where we tackle projects like an online weather station, remote-controlled car that you can drive with a smart phone app, and a working phone that can make actual calls and send text messages and many more.
- Introduction to Arduino (6:15)
- Installing the Arduino IDE (2:24)
- An overview of the Arduino IDE and how to upload code to your Arduino (6:40)
- Understanding the Structure of your Arduino Program (3:57)
- Installing Additional Third Party Arduino Libraries (6:04)
- How to Use a Breadboard and Basic Wiring Concepts (11:36)
- Let's create our first project (8:38)
- Helpful Programming Concepts - Part 1 (14:07)
- Helpful Programming Concepts - Part 2 (8:45)
- Controlling an LED with a Push Button Switch (9:42)
- Controlling a Piezo Buzzer with a Push Button Switch (8:40)
- Using a Potentiometer to Adjust LED Brightness (17:19)
- Controlling a CPU Fan - Part 1 - User Input Control (14:14)
- Controlling a CPU Fan - Part 2 - Button Speed Control (10:37)
- LED Reaction Game - Part 1 - Interrupt Demo (11:23)
- LED Reaction Game - Part 2 (16:28)
- Buzzer Sound Recall Game - Part 1 (12:57)
- Buzzer Sound Recall Game - Part 2 (14:51)
- Ultrasonic Sensor Alarm (19:47)
- Digital Dice - Part 1 (15:13)
- Digital Dice - Part 2 (10:41)
- Infrared Repeater - Part 1 - Infrared Record and Playback (19:21)
- Infrared Repeater - Part 2 - Controlling your Electronic Devices (18:55)
- Joystick LED Matrix Game - Part 1 - Getting Readings from a Joystick (14:18)
- Joystick LED Matrix Game - Part 2 - Using an LED Matrix (14:12)
- Joystick LED Matrix Game - Part 3 - Putting it all together (14:14)
- Stopwatch - Part 1 - Controlling a 4 Digit Segment Display (18:32)
- Stopwatch - Part 2 - Using a Shift Register for the 4 Digit Segment Display (19:51)
- Stopwatch - Part 3 - Completing the Project (10:58)
- Pan-Tilt Assembly Control - Part 1 - Hacking a Wii Nunchuk (15:06)
- Pan-Tilt Assembly Control - Part 2 - Servos (14:08)
- Pan-Tilt Assembly Control - Part 3 - Frame Assembly (11:17)
- Pan-Tilt Assembly Control - Part 4 - Controlling with the Wii Nunchuk (12:13)
- Online Weather Station - Part 1 -Using a 1602 LCD Screen to Display Information (14:00)
- Online Weather Station - Part 2 - Using a Wifi Shield to Connect to a Network (19:59)
- Online Weather Station - Part 3 - Final Assembly (14:07)
- Remote Controlled Car - Part 1- Understanding DC Motors (4:39)
- Remote Controlled Car - Part 2-1 - Using a Motor Driver (17:32)
- Remote Controlled Car - Part 2-2 - Using a Motor Driver - Demo and Code Review (9:55)
- Remote Controlled Car - Part 3 - Understanding Bluetooth connectivity (6:30)
- Remote Controlled Car - Part 4-1 - Assembling our Car (10:25)
- Remote Controlled Car - Part 4-2 - Assembling our Car (12:51)
- Downloading the Android App for the Remote Controlled Car
- Remote Controlled Car - Part 5 - Controlling via an Android App (11:57)
- Open Source Phone - Part 1 - Understanding the Parts and Assembly (13:55)
- Open Source Phone - Part 2 - Making a Call, Sending SMS, Tune in FM Frequencies (15:07)
Hi, I’m Lee Assam!
With an Undergraduate Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering and a Masters Degree in Computer Science, I have a passion for teaching.
I also have over two decades of professional industry experience.
I have always believed that project-based learning is the best approach where you actually learn by doing and building something that actually works. This is the approach I am taking in this course. I will explain all the electronics principles involved with each project, show you how to wire up the circuits and give detailed line-by-line code reviews on how it all works.